This file contains the following items:
1. South Yorkshire Metropolitan Ambulance Service Submission to the Lord Justice Taylor Inquiry: Interim Recommendations, Criticisms of South Yorkshire Metropolitan Ambulance Service, Outline Comments on Various Factors Relevant to the Matters within the Inquiry's Terms of Reference, South Yorkshire Police Failure to Recognise the Disaster, Schedule of times taken from Videos and Transcripts, Inventory of equipment.
2. South Yorkshire Metropolitan Ambulance Service Submission to the Lord Justice Taylor Inquiry: Interim Recommendations, Criticisms of South Yorkshire Metropolitan Ambulance Service, Outline Comments on Various Factors Relevant to the Matters within the Inquiry's Terms of Reference, South Yorkshire Police Failure to Recognise the Disaster, Schedule of times taken from Videos and Transcripts. With letter of alterations (July 1989, 2 copies).
3. Handwritten notes [relating to presentation of Submission].
4. Copy of colour photograph refereed to during Police Constable Illingworth Evidence at the Lord Justice Taylor Inquiry Day 17. The photograph shows Liverpool Supporters climbing over the Perimeter Fence of the Leeping Lane Terrace. Inventory of Ambulance and medical equipment.
5. File containing Report by Trust Regional Health Authority Major Incident Response and annotated copies of South Yorkshire Metropolitan Ambulance Service Reports: Interim Recommendations, Recollections by South Yorkshire Metropolitan Ambulance Staff (duplicate), drawing of control room.
6. Handwritten schedule in file entitled Safety Certificate Arguments.
7. Major Incident Vehicles Inventory.
8. Recollections by South Yorkshire Metropolitan Ambulance Staff (duplicate) with instructions for contrasting the Statement.
9. Hand written [order for the Submission].
10. Draft copies of Leading Counsel's Submission in support of an Application by Trent Regional Health Authority for Representation, with annotations (May 1989, 11 copies).
11. Facsimile copy of Submission by the Association of Chief Ambulance Officers to the Lord Justice Taylor Inquiry, with hand written [draft] letter addressed to V. N. Jollife (June 1989).
12. Part list of witnesses at the Lord Justice Taylor Inquiry (Witness numbers 108-132). ... more
Gives a list of tasks to complete, timetable for an evening match at Hillsborough and correspondence to the Scrutiny from Ian Daines. Includes disclosure policy surrounding Hillsborough documents including police statements. ... more
This File contains the following items:
Copy letters [sent from Dibb Lupton and Broomhead, Solicitors] to various parties enclosing and receiving Draft Statements and Submissions to Lord Justice Taylor Inquiry, Acknowledgment letters, Attendance notes. (09-05-1989 - 30-06-1989), Correspondence enclosing report relating to the Hospitals Response to the Hillsborough Emergency by Sheffield Health Authority, Billing Request Forms from Dibb Lupton and Broomhead, Solicitors (31-05-1989 - 05-07-1989) ... more
This subject was addressed in the Stuart-Smith Scrutiny. Includes Officer's Reports, Witness Statements and correspondence between the Hillsborough Scrutiny Team, South Yorkshire Police and their Solicitors, Hammond Suddards. ... more
51. Fax copy of letter from Chief Metropolitan Ambulance Officer, South Yorkshire Metropolitan Ambulance Service to Graham Mackrell, Sheffield Wednesday Football Club Secretary regarding, ambulance services are Hillsborough. A copy of the letter was forwarded to Deputy Chief Constable Peter Hayes South Yorkshire Police. Contains annotations, 14th August 1989; 52. South Yorkshire Police Operations/Contingency documents prepared by the Ground Commanders for use in ground control and Sub Divisional Control for the five South Yorkshire football clubs, Barnsley, Doncaster Rovers, Rotherham United, Sheffield United and Sheffield Wednesday. With South Yorkshire Police Report considering the options to cope with the foreseeable patterns of arrival of spectators and their departure, [August 1989]; 53. Letter from the Chairman of ACPO General Purposes Sub Committee on Hooliganism at sporting events to all Chief Constables regarding the contingency plans for non ticket holders which was discussed at the Implementation Team meeting held on the 8th September 1989. With annotations and markings, 22nd September 1989; 54. Copy letter from Chairman of [ACPO] Joint Consultative Committee, to Chairman of ACPO General Purposes Sub Committee on hooliganism at sporting events, requesting a precise definition of a police officer's power when policing football matches, 26th September 1989; 55. South Yorkshire Police Internal Memorandum regarding the [South Yorkshire Metropolitan Ambulance Service's] policy of Ambulances at football grounds, 26th September 1989; 56. South Yorkshire Police Internal Memorandum reporting a meeting held with Superintendent Nicholas of the British Transport Police regarding problems which may arise for British Rail and British Transport Police, 26th September 1989; 57. Minutes from Item 2 of Association of Metropolitan Authorities, Police Committee meeting of 27th September 1989. Discussing the Taylor Inquiry Interim Report, with the Recommendations as an Appendix; 58. Copy Letter from Deputy Chief Constable Peter Hayes, South Yorkshire Police to Solicitor, South Yorkshire Police Authority enclosing copies of South Yorkshire Police's written agreement with the five South Yorkshire football clubs, 28th September and 9th October 1989. With reply, 4th October 1989; 59. Copy Letter from South Yorkshire Police to F8 Division, Home Office enclosing copies of the Police's agreements with the five South Yorkshire football clubs, 29th September 1989. The F8 Division was part of the Appraisal, monitoring and Evaluation Unit of the Police Department of the Home Office. The F8 Division was responsible for Public order (including football hooliganism), firearms matters, offensive weapons, police effectiveness; Secretariat of the Police Department Management Board; 60. Letter from Secretary of ACPO General Purposes Committee on Hooliganism at sporting events to all Chief Constables regarding CCTV and public safety as was discussed at the Implementation Team meeting held on the 13th October 1989, 29th September 1989; 61. Letter from Chief Constable Anderson, Greater Manchester Police, Chairman of ACPO General Purposes Committee on Hooliganism at sporting events to all Chief Constables outlining the Home Office's guidance received in relation to Recommendation 4 (Written Agreements), 3rd October 1989. Enclosing letter from F8 Division, Home Office, to Chief Constable Anderson, 2nd October 1989; 62. Copy letter from Chief Superintendent Brian Mole regarding the parking of motor vehicles on the streets adjacent to Barnsley Football Club [B Division], on football match days in Sheffield, Undated; 63. Fax from Solicitor, South Yorkshire Police Authority to Deputy Chief Constable Peter Hayes, South Yorkshire Police forwarding letters received from Sheffield Wednesday Football Club regarding clarification of a point in the contract for Special Police Services about revised agreements, 3rd - 5th October 1989; 64. Opinion of the Treasury Counsel on the provision of police services for football matches, 6th October 1989; 65. South Yorkshire Police Internal Memorandum expressing opinion on Superintendent Greenwood's discussion paper "Standing Instructions for the policing of football matches", 10th October 1989; 66. South Yorkshire Police Internal Memorandum regarding Appendix L of the standing Instructions for the policing of football matches which deals with Stewards at Football matches, 11th October 1989; 67. Report by Chief Inspector [Beal], South Yorkshire Police "Taylor Recommendation Implementation Team Responsibilities of football clubs vis a vis the Police" with regards to the Popplewell Report and the Green Guide, [October 1989]; 68. "Taylor Reserve Calculation Formula" for three stages [Discussed at Taylor Recommendation Implementation Team], [October 1989]; 69. South Yorkshire Police B1 Sub Division Discussion Paper "Model Operational Order to be used in connection with the policing of football matches within South Yorkshire", [October 1989]; 70. South Yorkshire Police Internal Memorandum enclosing a plan of Hillsborough Stadium which Graham Mackrell, Sheffield Wednesday Football Club Secretary, has marked the positions of the track safety stewards in accordance with the written agreement, 19th October 1989; 71. Minutes of meeting of the ACPO General Purposes Sub Committee on Hooliganism at sporting events, annotated, 8th September 1989; 72. Copy letter from Harry Wright Chief Fire Officer to David Bownes, Administration and Legal Department, Sheffield City Council, regarding the Review of the administrative/ inspection system, 3rd October 1989; 73. Letter from Head of Administration and Legal Department, Sheffield City Council to Deputy Chief Constable Peter Hayes, South Yorkshire Police, enclosing a copy of Report to the Policy Committee on Hillsborough Disaster: Overview and proposals for the future. The purpose of the report was to provide a summary of the action taken by Sheffield City Council since the Disaster and to address general recommendations by the Taylor Report regarding the issues of safety certificates by the City Council, 25th October 1989; 74. South Yorkshire Police Internal Memorandum, commenting on report setting out the present gate control arrangements at Barnsley Football Club, 30th October - 3rd November 1989; 75. South Yorkshire Police Internal Memorandum debriefing the Chief Constable on a presentation given to Members of Parliament on the subject of the Disaster on the 3rd October 1989. States the reaction the presentation received, 9th November 1989; 76. Extracts [from unidentified source] regarding Public Order, Exclusion Orders, Offices connected with football, Effect of order, offence, Power of arrest, Application to terminate order, Court procedure, photographs, Prescribed football match, Extension to other sporting events. Extract of the Sporting Events (Control of alcohol etc) Act 1985, Chapter 57. With highlighted markings and annotations, Undated; 77. Report of Chief Constable [South Yorkshire Police] "Actions of the South Yorkshire Police following the publication of Lord Justice Taylor's Interim Report", given to South Yorkshire Police Authority meeting held on the 17th November 1989. Includes correspondence between Hammond Suddards, Crown Prosecution Service and Deputy Chief Constable, Peter Hayes, October - November 1989; 78. Press statement by Chief Constable [South Yorkshire Police] relating to the first return of the Liverpool supporters to Hillsborough on the 29th November 1989. Includes annotation stating that this is to be published in the Liverpool programme, [November 1989]; 79. Signed contracts between the five South Yorkshire football clubs and South Yorkshire Police Authority for Special Police Services, November - December 1989. 80. Model Operational Order for [B Division] Barnsley Football Club. Indexed. ... more
81. Report by Superintendent Brookfield "Review of National and local arrangements to deal with football related intelligence/ information", October 1989; 82. Letter from Solicitor, South Yorkshire Police Authority to Deputy Chief Constable Peter Hayes, South Yorkshire Police regarding the extension of insurance cover in relation to the written agreements, 2nd October - 23rd November 1989; 83.[South Yorkshire Police] Note for file following a meeting between Deputy Chief Constable Peter Hayes and Acting Assistant Chief Constable (Operations) [Broomhead] "Implementation Team: Residual Matters" [matters that need to be pursued concerning the Football clubs: Alterations to written agreements, Sheffield Wednesday's North West Terrace, Witten agreements plans of numbers in standing areas, Claw back, Stewards briefing and de briefing, meetings with Directors/ Secretaries, Barnsley counting of spectators admissions to standing areas; Local Authorities: Reports and outstanding minutes; Sheffield Intransigence; General matters: Major disaster plan; Charges; Model order; Training; Contracts; Standing instructions; Match Intelligence/ Information], 27th November 1989; 84. South Yorkshire Police's working papers relating to the opinion that Sheffield City Council were being intransigent with regards to the Safety Certificate procedures [associated with the Safety of Sports Grounds Act]. Highlighted markings and annotations, 1987 - 1989; 85. Letter from Chief Constable Anderson, Greater Manchester Police, Chairman of the ACPO Sub Committee on Hooliganism at sporting events, Manchester to all members of the ACPO General purposes Sub Committee on hooliganism at sporting events. Regarding the national standardised form of written contracts linked to indemnity insurance, December 1989; 86. South Yorkshire Police's working papers relating to the miscalculation of the Leppings Lane Terrance capacity in the first Safety Certificate following Taylor's recommendations and the revised capacity, November - December 1989; 87. Report of the Chief Constable [South Yorkshire Police] "Hillsborough Stadium Disaster: Implementation of the Taylor Inquiry Report Recommendations", given at the South Yorkshire Police Authority meeting of 5th January 1990. This was prepared following a meeting held on the 17th November. Includes draft responses to questions posed at the meeting and working papers, 5th January 1989; 88. South Yorkshire Police Internal Memorandum regarding training that has been completed following the Taylor Recommendations. With report to Deputy Chief Countable Peter Hayes, South Yorkshire Police, annotations, 18th - 20th December 1989; 89. Draft Model Operational order of B Division, Barnsley Football Club, for consideration by South Yorkshire Police, 22nd January 1990. 90. Letter from Deputy Chief Constable Peter Hayes, South Yorkshire Police to F2 Division, Home Office following a request for information regarding the police's reaction to the Taylor Interim Report, includes copies of reports presented to South Yorkshire Police Authority as well as additional information regarding the number of complaints arising from the 1989 Semi Final and the date of Duckenfield's suspension, 26th January 1990. Indexed. ... more
File labelled "Funding for Legal Representation Hillsborough)". Includes index of contents for file, correspondence, extracts from minutes and notes all relating to the funding of legal representation. ... more