This file contains the following items:
Correspondence with Keeble Hawson Solicitors and Insurers regarding Legal changes and costs incurred from the West Midlands Police Investigation, September 1990 - April 1991.
Submission on behalf of Sheffield City Council to the Coroner's Inquest into the deaths of the victims of the Hillsborough Disaster, annotated, March 1991.
Correspondence from BBC Special Current Affairs Unit to David Bownes, Chief Licensing Officer, Sheffield City Council, requesting information for a television programme with Middlesex Hospital Stress Clinic, January 1991.
Correspondence from Neighbourhood Revitalisation Service, Sheffield to Councillor Clive Betts, Leader of Sheffield City Council concerning the development of a Hillsborough Community Development Trust, January 1991.
Letters from Chief Executive, Sheffield City Council to Principal District Surveyor and Chief Licensing Officer, Sheffield City Council stating there are no grounds for taking disciplinary action against them, with memorandum from City Solicitor to Chief Executive clarifying this position, January 1991.
Letter from C. Dorries, HM Coroner from Dr Slater, Consultant Pathologist, Rotherham Hospital, regarding requests from Ann Williams, Mother of Kevin Williams [Deceased 51], in relation to the cause of death, June 1995. ... more
This file includes the following items: Correspondence between Helen Jackson MP, Hillsborough, South Yorkshire Police Authority and Assistant Chief Constable Ian Daines, South Yorkshire Police regarding the funding of legal costs of Private Prosecutions of Duckenfield and Murray and letter received from a member of the public, December 1998 - February 1999. Correspondence between Sheffield City Council and Granada, Internal memorandums and correspondence from South Yorkshire Police, South Yorkshire Metropolitan Ambulance and Paramedic Service and Sheffield Wednesday Football Club relating to the production of the Granada Docu-Drama. Including: requests for use of the council crest for recreating the Coroner's Court, the accuracy of the programme, article by Jimmy McGovern in The Observer 9 June 1996, with responses, Memorandums to chief officers regarding co-operation and approaches by Granada in the making of the programme, requests by Granada for Radio Sheffield tapes and videos of the Taylor Inquiry and Coroner's Inquest held at Sheffield Archive, approaches by Granada to talk to Sheffield City Council employees, 1995 - 1996. Notes on comments of Yorkshire Television interview with Brian Clough, December 1994. Notes on conversation concerning Channel 4 "Dispatches", October 1994. Notes on "Grounds on which substantive relief is sought". Memorandums passing on thanks from Chris Dorries to staff who worked on the Judicial Review, November 1993. Copy of letter from Head of Administration and Legal Department to Verbatim Reporters requesting copies of transcript of judgement of the Judicial Review, November 1993. Memorandum from Assistant Head of [Administration and Legal Department] to Principle Solicitor, Sheffield City Council concerning the policy of releasing post mortem photographs in regards to the Judicial Review, September 1993. Article from New Law Journal, 1993. ... more
File of papers and minutes relating to the meeting of the Police Authority on 21 May 1999 concerning Financial Assistance with Legal proceedings in relation to the Private Prosecution by Hillsborough Family Support Group against Chief Superintendent David Duckenfield and Superintendent Bernard Murray, South Yorkshire Police. ... more
This file contains the following items:
1. Photocopy extracts of the Coroners Rules and Coroners Act 1988.
2. File of correspondence between Dibb Lupton Broomhead and Prior, Solicitors, Hammond Suddards, South Yorkshire Metropolitan Ambulance Service, HM Corner, Trent Regional Health Authority, Northern General Hospitals, West Midlands Police and hand written notes relating to invoices for Solicitors services, Position of the Ambulance Service in relation to the Lord Justice Taylor Inquiry attendance of witnesses to the Corner's Resumed Inquest, Civil Contribution Hearings (August 1989 - November 1990).
3. The Football League Limited Report of the Medical Working Party reviewing medical arrangements at Football League Grounds (October 1990).4. Handwritten notes taken at the Hillsborough [Coroner's Resumed] Inquest (November 1990).
4. File of correspondence between Dibb Lupton Broomhead and Prior, Solicitors and South Yorkshire Metropolitan Ambulance Service regarding the attendance of witnesses to the Corner's Resumed Inquest (October 1990 -March 1991).
5. Hillsborough [Corner's Resumed] Inquest [Attendance Forms], Completed by South Yorkshire Metropolitan Ambulance Service (November 1990].
6. List of deceased removed [by South Yorkshire Metropolitan Ambulance Service] with times deceased left [Hillsborough Temporary Mortuary] (April 1989, 2 copies).
7. Lord Justice Taylor Inquiry Day One Proceedings Transcript (15 May 1989, 2 copies).
8. Leading Counsel's Submission of an Application by Trent Regional Health Authority for Representation (1989, 2 copies) ... more